- = ally, side, join, associate, affiliate, cooperate, sympathize •
The prime minister is aligning himself with the liberals.
- = line up, even, order, range, sequence, regulate, straighten, coordinate, even up, make parallel, arrange in line •
A tripod would be useful to align and steady the camera.
'align' in Other Languages
- British English: align If you align yourself with a particular group, you support them because you have the same political aim. VERBHe aligned himself with the mayor.
- Brazilian Portuguese: alinhar
- Chinese: 与…结盟与與…结結盟
- European Spanish: alinear
- French: s'aligner
- German: sich ausrichten nach
- Italian: schierare
- Japanese: 提携させる
- Korean: 동조하다
- Portuguese: alinhar
- Spanish: alinear
to comment on this word.