- = accumulation, set, store, mass, pile, heap, stockpile, hoard, aggregate, congeries •
He has gathered a large collection of prints and paintings over the years.
- = compilation, accumulation, anthology •
Two years ago he published a collection of short stories.
- = group, company, crowd, gathering, assembly, cluster, congregation, assortment, assemblage •
A collection of people of all ages assembled to pay their respects.
- = gathering, acquisition, accumulation •
computer systems designed to speed up the collection of information
- = contribution, donation, alms •
I asked my headmaster if we could arrange a collection for the refugees.
- = offering, offertory •
I put a five-pound note in the church collection.
'collection' in Other Languages
- British English: collection A collection of things is a group of similar things that you have deliberately acquired, usually over a period of time.His collection of prints and paintings has been bought over the years.kəˈlɛkʃən NOUN
- Arabic: مَجْمُوعَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: coleção
- Chinese: 收藏
- Croatian: zbirka
- Czech: sbírka
- Danish: samling
- Dutch: verzameling
- European Spanish: colección
- Finnish: kokoelma
- French: collection
- German: Sammlung
- Greek: συλλογή
- Italian: collezione
- Japanese: コレクション
- Korean: 수집
- Norwegian: samling
- Polish: zbiór
- Portuguese: coleção
- Romanian: colecție colecții
- Russian: коллекция
- Spanish: recogida
- Swedish: insamling
- Thai: สิ่งที่สะสมไว้
- Turkish: koleksiyon
- Ukrainian: колекція
- Vietnamese: bộ sưu tập
to comment on this word.