- = compliance, agreement, accordance, observance, conformance, obedience •
The prime minister is, in conformity with the constitution, chosen by the president.
- = conventionality, compliance, allegiance, orthodoxy, observance, traditionalism, Babbittry (US) •
Excessive conformity is usually caused by fear of disapproval.
- = likeness, agreement, harmony, similarity, correspondence, resemblance, affinity, consonance, congruity
'conformity' in Other Languages
- British English: conformity If something happens in conformity with something such as a law or someone's wishes, it happens as the law says it should, or as the person wants it to. NOUNThe prime minister is, in conformity with the constitution, chosen by the president.
- Brazilian Portuguese: conformidade
- Chinese: 依照
- European Spanish: conformidad
- French: conformité
- German: Übereinstimmung
- Italian: conformità
- Japanese: 準拠
- Korean: 순응
- Portuguese: conformidade
- Spanish: conformidad
to comment on this word.