- = take apart, strip, demolish, raze, disassemble, pull to pieces, unrig, take to pieces or bits •
He asked for immediate help to dismantle the warheads.
- = abolish, end, overturn, suppress, overthrow, void, terminate, eradicate, put an end to, quash, do away with, stamp out, obliterate, vitiate •
opposition to the president's policy of dismantling apartheid
'dismantle' in Other Languages
- British English: dismantle If you dismantle a machine or structure, you carefully separate it into its different parts. VERBHe asked for immediate help to dismantle the warheads.
- Brazilian Portuguese: desmontar
- Chinese: 拆除
- European Spanish: desmontar
- French: démanteler
- German: demontieren
- Italian: smontaremacchina
- Japanese: 分解する
- Korean: 분해하다
- Portuguese: desmontar
- Spanish: desmontar
to comment on this word.