- = understanding, information, learning, education, teaching, knowledge, instruction, awareness, wisdom, insight, literacy, sophistication, comprehension, cultivation, refinement, open-mindedness, edification, broad-mindedness •
He'd set off for the East in search of spiritual enlightenment.
'enlightenment' in Other Languages
- British English: enlightenment Enlightenment means the act of enlightening or the state of being enlightened. NOUNShe had a moment of enlightenment.
- Brazilian Portuguese: esclarecimento
- Chinese: 启发启啟发發
- European Spanish: iluminación
- French: illumination
- German: Aufklärung
- Italian: rivelazione
- Japanese: 悟り
- Korean: 깨우침
- Portuguese: esclarecimento
- Spanish: iluminación
to comment on this word.