- = stability, balance, symmetry, steadiness, evenness, equipoise, counterpoise •
For the economy to be in equilibrium, income must equal expenditure.
- = composure, calm, stability, poise, serenity, coolness, calmness, equanimity, steadiness, self-possession, collectedness •
I paused and took deep breaths to restore my equilibrium.
'equilibrium' in Other Languages
- British English: equilibrium Equilibrium is a balance between several different influences or aspects of a situation. NOUNStocks seesawed ever lower until prices found some new level of equilibrium.
- Brazilian Portuguese: equilíbrio
- Chinese: 平衡
- European Spanish: equilibrio
- French: équilibre
- German: Gleichgewicht
- Italian: equilibrio
- Japanese: 均衡
- Korean: 평형
- Portuguese: equilíbrio
- Spanish: equilibrio
to comment on this word.