- = expecting, excited, anticipating, anxious, ready, awaiting, eager, hopeful, apprehensive, watchful, in suspense •
She turned to me with an expectant look on her face.
- = pregnant, expecting (informal), gravid, enceinte •
antenatal classes for expectant mothers
'expectant' in Other Languages
- British English: expectant If someone is expectant, they are excited because they think something interesting is about to happen. ADJECTIVEAn expectant crowd gathered.
- Brazilian Portuguese: expectante
- Chinese: 期待的
- European Spanish: expectante
- French: impatient impatiente
- German: erwartungsvoll
- Italian: pieno di aspettative piena di aspettative
- Japanese: 待ち設けている
- Korean: 기대에 찬
- Portuguese: expectante
- Spanish: expectante
to comment on this word.