- = important, powerful, moving, telling, leading, strong, guiding, inspiring, prestigious, meaningful, potent, persuasive, authoritative, momentous, weighty •
one of the most influential books ever written
opposites: powerless, ineffective, unimportant, weak, impotent, ineffectual, unpersuasive, uninfluential
- = instrumental, important, significant, controlling, guiding, effective, crucial, persuasive, forcible, efficacious •
He had been influential in shaping economic policy.
'influential' in Other Languages
- British English: influential Someone or something that is influential has a lot of influence over people or events. ADJECTIVEIt helps to have influential friends.
- Brazilian Portuguese: influente
- Chinese: 有影响力的有影响響力的
- European Spanish: influyente
- French: influent influente
- German: einflussreich
- Italian: influente
- Japanese: 影響力の大きい
- Korean: 영향력 있는
- Portuguese: influente
- Spanish: influyente
to comment on this word.