- = familiarity, closeness, understanding, confidence, confidentiality, fraternization •
a means of achieving intimacy with another person
opposites: distance, separation, detachment, alienation, coldness, remoteness, estrangement, aloofness
- = sexual intercourse, sex (informal), lovemaking, the other (informal), congress, fucking (taboo & slang), screwing (taboo & slang), shagging (British, taboo & slang), sexual relations, sexual act, nookie (slang), copulation, coitus, carnal knowledge, intimate relations, rumpy-pumpy (slang), legover (slang), coition, poontang (taboo & slang), rumpo (slang) •
The truth was he did not feel like intimacy with any woman.
'intimacy' in Other Languages
- British English: intimacy Intimacy between two people is a very close personal relationship between them. NOUN...a means of achieving intimacy with another person.
- Brazilian Portuguese: intimidade
- Chinese: 亲密亲親密
- European Spanish: intimidad
- French: intimité
- German: Intimität
- Italian: intimità
- Japanese: 親密
- Korean: 친밀함
- Portuguese: intimidade
- Spanish: intimidad
to comment on this word.