- = attack, assault, capture, takeover, raid, offensive, occupation, conquering, seizure, onslaught, foray, appropriation, sortie, annexation, incursion, expropriation, inroad, irruption, arrogation •
seven years after the Roman invasion of Britain
- = flood, flow, rush, arrival, influx, convergence, inflow, incursion, inundation, inrush •
Seaside resorts are preparing for an invasion of tourists.
- = intrusion, breach, violation, disturbance, disruption, infringement, overstepping, infiltration, encroachment, infraction, usurpation •
Is reading a child's diary a gross invasion of privacy?
'invasion' in Other Languages
- British English: invasion If there is an invasion of a country, a foreign army enters it by force. NOUN...seven years after the Roman invasion of Britain.
- Brazilian Portuguese: invasão
- Chinese: 入侵
- European Spanish: invasión
- French: invasion
- German: Invasion
- Italian: invasione
- Japanese: 侵略
- Korean: 침입
- Portuguese: invasão
- Spanish: invasión
to comment on this word.