Synonyms of landing
- = coming in, arrival, touchdown, disembarkation, disembarkment •
I had to make a controlled landing into the sea.
- = platform, jetty, quayside, landing stage •
Take the bus to the landing.
- = ground, earth, dry land, terra firma, l& (text messaging) •
It isn't clear whether the plane went down over land or sea.
- = soil, ground, earth, clay, dirt, sod, loam, l& (text messaging) •
a small piece of grazing land
- = countryside, farming, farmland, rural districts, l& (text messaging) •
Living off the land was hard enough at the best of times.
- (law)= property, grounds, estate, acres, real estate, realty, acreage, real property, homestead (US & & Canadian), l& (text messaging) •
Good agricultural land is in short supply.
- = country, nation, region, state, district, territory, province, kingdom, realm, tract, motherland, fatherland, l& (text messaging) •
America, land of opportunity
- = come to rest, come down, l& (text messaging) •
He was sent flying through the air and landed 20 ft away.
- = arrive, dock, put down, moor, berth, alight, touch down, disembark, come to rest, debark, l& (text messaging) •
The jet landed after a flight of just under three hours.
- = bring down, dock, moor, take down, l& (text messaging) •
The crew finally landed the plane on its belly.
- = cause to be, lead, bring, l& (text messaging) •
This is not the first time his exploits have landed him in trouble.
- = saddle, trouble, burden, encumber, l& (text messaging) •
The other options could simply land him with more expense.
- (informal)= gain, get, win, score (slang), secure, obtain, acquire, l& (text messaging) •
He landed a place on the graduate training scheme.
- = deliver, hit, apply, impose, administer, inflict, l& (text messaging) •
He landed a punch on his opponent's mouth after the end of the eleventh round.
'landing' in Other Languages
- British English: landing In a house or other building, the landing is the area at the top of the staircase which has rooms leading off it.I ran out onto the landing.ˈlændɪŋ NOUN
- Arabic: مـَمَرٌّ فُوْقِيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: patamar
- Chinese: 楼梯平台
- Croatian: terasa
- Czech: odpočívadloschodiště
- Danish: landing
- Dutch: landing
- European Spanish: distribuidor
- Finnish: porrastasanne
- French: palier
- German: LandungFlug
- Greek: προσγείωση
- Italian: atterraggio
- Japanese: 踊り場
- Korean: 층계 꼭대기의 마루
- Norwegian: landing
- Polish: lądowanie
- Portuguese: patamar
- Romanian: aterizare aterizări
- Russian: лестничная площадка
- Spanish: aterrizaje
- Swedish: landning
- Thai: พื้นที่สำหรับนำเครื่องบินขึ้นลง
- Turkish: merdiven başı
- Ukrainian: сходовий майданчик
- Vietnamese: đầu cầu thang