- = assignment, job, labour, operation, work, commission, trip, message (Scottish), task, undertaking, expedition, chore, errand •
the most crucial stage of his latest peace mission
- = delegation, ministry, embassy, representation, task force, legation, deputation •
a senior member of a diplomatic mission
- = sortie, operation, raid •
a bomber that crashed during a training mission
- = task, work, calling, business, job, office, charge, goal, operation, commission, trust, aim, purpose, duty, undertaking, pursuit, quest, assignment, vocation, errand •
He viewed his mission in life as protecting the weak from evil.
'mission' in Other Languages
- British English: mission A mission is an important task that people are given to do, especially one that involves travelling to another country. NOUNThey sent him abroad on a diplomatic mission.
- Brazilian Portuguese: missão
- Chinese: > 使命尤指远赴他国的
- European Spanish: misión
- French: mission
- German: Mission
- Italian: missione
- Japanese: 任務
- Korean: 임무
- Portuguese: missão
- Spanish: misión
to comment on this word.