- = rally, organize, stimulate, excite, prompt, marshal, activate, awaken, animate, muster, foment, put in motion •
We must try to mobilize international support.
- = deploy, prepare, ready, rally, assemble, call up, marshal, muster, call to arms, get or make ready •
The government has mobilized troops to help.
'mobilize' in Other Languages
- British English: mobilize If you mobilize support or mobilize people to do something, you succeed in encouraging people to take action, especially political action. If people mobilize, they prepare to take action. VERBThe best hope is that we will mobilize international support and get down to action.
- Brazilian Portuguese: mobilizar
- Chinese: 动员动動员員
- European Spanish: movilizar
- French: mobiliser
- German: mobilisieren
- Italian: mobilitare
- Japanese: 動員する
- Korean: 동원되다
- Portuguese: mobilizar
- Spanish: movilizar
to comment on this word.