- = summon up, collect, call up, marshal •
Mustering all her strength, she pulled hard on the oars.
- = rally, group, gather, assemble, round up, marshal, mobilize, call together •
The general had mustered his troops north of the border.
- = assemble, meet, come together, convene, congregate, convoke •
They mustered in the open, well wrapped and saying little.
- = assembly, meeting, collection, gathering, rally, convention, congregation, roundup, mobilization, hui (New Zealand), concourse, assemblage, convocation, runanga (New Zealand) •
He called a general muster of all soldiers.
'muster' in Other Languages
- British English: muster If you muster something such as support, strength, or energy, you gather as much of it as you can in order to do something. VERBHe traveled around the region trying to muster support for his movement.
- Brazilian Portuguese: reunir
- Chinese: 聚集 >支持、力量、精力等
- European Spanish: reunir
- French: rassembler
- German: aufbringen
- Italian: raccogliere
- Japanese: かき集める
- Korean: 모으다
- Portuguese: reunir
- Spanish: reunir
to comment on this word.