- = screen, wall, barrier, divider, room divider •
offices divided only by a glass partition
- = division, splitting, dividing, separation, segregation, severance •
the fighting which followed the partition of India
- = allotment, share, distribution, portion, apportionment, rationing out
- = separate, screen, divide, fence off, wall off •
Two rooms have been created by partitioning a single larger room.
- = divide, separate, segment, split up, share, section, portion, cut up, apportion, subdivide, parcel out •
Korea was partitioned in 1945.
'partition' in Other Languages
- British English: partition A partition is a wall, screen, or divider that separates one part of a room, vehicle, or other space from another. NOUN...new offices divided only by glass partitions.
- Brazilian Portuguese: divisão
- Chinese: 分隔物斷
- European Spanish: mampara
- French: cloison
- German: Trennwand
- Italian: tramezzo
- Japanese: >仕切り部屋などの
- Korean: 칸막이
- Portuguese: divisão
- Spanish: mampara
- British English: partition If you partition a room, you separate one part of it from another by means of a partition. VERBBedrooms have again been created by partitioning a single larger room.
- Brazilian Portuguese: separar com tabique
- Chinese: 隔断隔断斷
- European Spanish: dividir con un tabique
- French: cloisonner
- German: aufteilen
- Italian: dividere con un tramezzo
- Japanese: >仕切る部屋などを
- Korean: 칸을 나누다
- Portuguese: separar com tabique
- Spanish: dividir con un tabique
to comment on this word.