- = sensible, reasoned, sound, practical, wise, intelligent, rational, logical, sober, credible, plausible, sane, judicious, grounded •
He's a reasonable sort of chap.
opposites: unreasonable, irrational, unsound, unintelligent
- = fair, just, right, acceptable, moderate, sensible, equitable, justifiable, well-advised, well-thought-out, tenable •
a perfectly reasonable decision
opposites: unfair, unreasonable
- = within reason, fitting, fit, appropriate, sensible, proper •
It seems reasonable to expect rapid urban growth.
- = low, cheap, competitive, moderate, modest, inexpensive, tolerable, within your means •
His fees were quite reasonable.
- = average, fair, moderate, modest, tolerable, O.K. or okay (informal) •
The boy answered him in reasonable French.
'reasonable' in Other Languages
- British English: reasonable If you think that someone is fair and sensible you can say they are reasonable.He's a reasonable man.ˈriːzənəbl ADJECTIVE
- Arabic: مَعْقُول
- Brazilian Portuguese: razoável
- Chinese: 合理的
- Croatian: razuman razumna
- Czech: rozumný
- Danish: fornuftig
- Dutch: redelijk
- European Spanish: razonable
- Finnish: järkevä
- French: raisonnable
- German: vernünftig
- Greek: εύλογος εύλογη
- Italian: ragionevole
- Japanese: 理にかなった
- Korean: 이치에 맞는
- Norwegian: rimelig
- Polish: rozsądny rozsądna
- Portuguese: razoável
- Romanian: chibzuit chibzuit, chibzuită, chibzuiți, chibzuite
- Russian: разумный разумная
- Spanish: razonable
- Swedish: skälig skäligt
- Thai: ที่มีเหตุผล
- Turkish: mantıklı
- Ukrainian: розсудливий
- Vietnamese: biết điều
to comment on this word.