- = control, run, order, rule, manage, direct, guide, handle, conduct, arrange, monitor, organize, govern, administer, oversee, supervise, systematize, superintend •
a powerful body to regulate the stock market
- = moderate, control, modulate, settle, fit, balance, tune, adjust •
He breathed deeply, trying to regulate the pound of his heartbeat.
'regulate' in Other Languages
- British English: regulate To regulate an activity or process means to control it, especially by means of rules. VERBThe government should regulate competition among insurance companies.
- Brazilian Portuguese: regular
- Chinese: 控制 >尤指通过规则
- European Spanish: controlar
- French: réguler
- German: regulieren
- Italian: regolamentare
- Japanese: 規制する
- Korean: 규제하다
- Portuguese: regular
- Spanish: regular
to comment on this word.