- = home, house, household, dwelling, place, quarters, flat, lodging, pad (slang), abode, habitation, domicile •
There was a stabbing at a residence next door.
- = mansion, seat, hall, palace, villa, manor •
She's staying at her country residence.
- = stay, tenancy, occupancy, occupation, sojourn •
He returned to his place of residence.
'residence' in Other Languages
- British English: residence A residence is a house where people live. NOUN...hotels and private residences.
- Brazilian Portuguese: residência
- Chinese: 住宅
- European Spanish: residencia
- French: résidence
- German: Wohnsitz
- Italian: residenza
- Japanese: 住宅
- Korean: 주거지
- Portuguese: residência
- Spanish: residencia
to comment on this word.