- = rosy, red, fresh, healthy, glowing, blooming, flushed, blushing, radiant, reddish, sanguine, florid, sunburnt, rosy-cheeked, rubicund •
He had a naturally ruddy complexion.
opposites: white, grey, pale, wan, sickly, colourless, pallid, anaemic, ashen
- = red, pink, scarlet, ruby, crimson, reddish, roseate •
barges, with their sails ruddy brown
- = damn, blasted, bloody (British, informal), blessed, damned, flaming, bleeding (British, informal), blooming (British, informal), freaking (slang, mainly US), flipping (British, informal), blinking (British, informal), confounded, goddam (US, informal), effing (British, informal) •
The ruddy thing wouldn't work.
'ruddy' in Other Languages
- British English: ruddy If you describe someone's face as ruddy, you mean that their face is a reddish colour. ADJECTIVEHe had a naturally ruddy complexion.
- Brazilian Portuguese: corado
- Chinese: > 红的面色> 红紅的
- European Spanish: rubicundo rubicunda
- French: rougeaud rougeaude
- German: rötlich
- Italian: rubicondo rubiconda
- Japanese: 赤らんだ
- Korean: > 불그스레한안색이
- Portuguese: corado corada
- Spanish: rubicundo rubicunda
to comment on this word.