- = contemptuous, insulting, mocking, defiant, withering, sneering, slighting, jeering, scoffing, scathing, sarcastic, sardonic, haughty, disdainful, insolent, derisive, supercilious, contumelious •
a scornful smile
'scornful' in Other Languages
- British English: scornful If you are scornful of someone or something, you show that you do not like or respect them. ADJECTIVEHe is deeply scornful of politicians.
- Brazilian Portuguese: desdenhoso
- Chinese: 轻蔑的轻輕蔑的
- European Spanish: despreciativo despreciativa
- French: dédaigneux dédaigneuse
- German: verächtlich
- Italian: sprezzante
- Japanese: 軽べつ的な
- Korean: 경멸하는
- Portuguese: desdenhoso desdenhosa
- Spanish: despreciativo despreciativa
to comment on this word.