- = austere, severe, frugal, ascetic, plain, disciplined, extreme, strict, stern, bleak, rigorous, stringent, abstemious, self-denying, bare-bones •
Their spartan lifestyle prohibits a fridge or a phone.
'Spartan' in Other Languages
- British English: spartan A spartan lifestyle or existence is very simple or strict, with no luxuries. ADJECTIVETheir spartan lifestyle prohibits a fridge or a phone.
- Brazilian Portuguese: espartano
- Chinese: 简朴的简簡朴樸的
- European Spanish: espartano espartana
- French: spartiate
- German: spartanisch
- Italian: spartano spartana
- Japanese: 質素な
- Korean: 스파르타식의
- Portuguese: espartano espartana
- Spanish: espartano espartana
to comment on this word.