'tantamount' in Other Languages
- British English: tantamount If you say that one thing is tantamount to a second, more serious thing, you are emphasizing how bad, unacceptable, or unfortunate the first thing is by comparing it to the second. ADJECTIVEWhat he is saying is tantamount to heresy.
- Brazilian Portuguese: equivalente
- Chinese: 无异于的无無异異于於的
- European Spanish: equivalente a
- French: équivalent équivalente
- German: gleichbedeutend mit
- Italian: equivalente
- Japanese: 同等の
- Korean: ~와 동등한
- Portuguese: equivalente
- Spanish: equivalente a
to comment on this word.