- = bad, evil, corrupt, vile, guilty, abandoned, foul, vicious, worthless, shameful, immoral, scandalous, atrocious, sinful, heinous, depraved, debased, devilish, amoral, egregious, abominable, fiendish, villainous, unprincipled, nefarious, dissolute, iniquitous, irreligious, black-hearted, impious, unrighteous, maleficent, flagitious •
She flew at me, shouting how evil and wicked I was.
opposites: good, principled, moral, noble, ethical, honourable, benevolent, virtuous
- = mischievous, playful, impish, devilish, arch, teasing, naughty, cheeky, rascally, incorrigible, raffish, roguish, rakish, tricksy, puckish, waggish •
She has a delightfully wicked sense of humour.
opposites: good, mannerly, obedient, well-behaved
- = agonizing, terrible, acute, severe, intense, awful, painful, fierce, mighty, dreadful, fearful, gut-wrenching •
A wicked pain shot through his injured elbow.
- = harmful, terrible, intense, mighty, crashing, dreadful, destructive, injurious •
The wind gets so wicked you want to stay indoors while the sea rages.
opposites: pleasant, mild, harmless, wholesome, innocuous
- (slang)= expert, great (informal), strong, powerful, masterly, wonderful, outstanding, remarkable, ace (informal), first-class, marvellous, mighty, dazzling, skilful, A1 (informal), adept, deft, adroit •
John's a wicked tennis player. He always wins.
- = troublesome, trying, difficult, offensive, distressing, unpleasant, galling, bothersome
'wicked' in Other Languages
- British English: wicked You use wicked to describe someone or something that is very bad in a way that is deliberately harmful to people.It was a wicked attack.ˈwɪkɪd ADJECTIVE
- Arabic: شَرِير
- Brazilian Portuguese: malvado malvada
- Chinese: 邪恶的
- Croatian: podao podla, podlo
- Czech: zlý
- Danish: ond
- Dutch: kwaadaardig
- European Spanish: malvado malvada
- Finnish: paha
- French: malicieux
- German: böse
- Greek: επαίσχυντος επαίσχυντη
- Italian: cattivo cattiva
- Japanese: 邪悪な
- Korean: 사악한
- Norwegian: ond
- Polish: niegodziwy niegodziwa
- Portuguese: malvado malvada
- Romanian: dăunător dăunător, dăunătoare, dăunători, dăunătoare
- Russian: злобный злобная
- Spanish: malvado malvada
- Swedish: elak elakt
- Thai: ชั่วร้าย
- Turkish: haincadı vb
- Ukrainian: злісний
- Vietnamese: xấu xa
to comment on this word.