- of or relating to ancient Persia or modern Iran, their inhabitants, or their languages
- a native, citizen, or inhabitant of modern Iran; an Iranian
- a member of an Indo-European people of West Iranian speech who established a great
empire in SW Asia in the 6th century bc
- the language of Iran or Persia in any of its ancient or modern forms, belonging to
the West Iranian branch of the Indo-European family See also Avestan, Old Persian, Pahlavi2, Farsi
Translations for 'Persian'
- British English: Persian Something that is Persian belongs or relates to the ancient kingdom of Persia, or sometimes to the modern state of Iran....the Persian Empire.ˈpɜːʃən ADJECTIVE
- Arabic: فَارِسِيٌّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: persa
- Chinese: 波斯的
- Croatian: perzijski perzijska
- Czech: perský
- Danish: persisk
- Dutch: Perzisch
- European Spanish: persa
- Finnish: persialainen
- French: perse
- German: persisch
- Greek: περσικός περσική
- Italian: persiano persiana
- Japanese: ペルシャの
- Korean: 페르시아의
- Norwegian: persisk
- Polish: perski perska
- Portuguese: persa
- Romanian: persan persan, persană, persani, persane
- Russian: персидский персидская
- Spanish: persa
- Swedish: persisk persiskt
- Thai: เกี่ยวกับเปอร์เซีย
- Turkish: İranlı
- Ukrainian: перський
- Vietnamese: thuộc Ba Tư
Example Sentences Including 'Persian'
But then he could have been a lot of things - Turk, Persian , Lebanese.
The Quest for K
Duane, however, made fun of everything, especially cashmere jackets and Persian rugs.
Three Kinds of Kissing - Scottish Short Stories
It was very dark, very masculine: antique European furniture, Persian rugs.
COLDHEART CANYON (2001)
to comment on this word.