- (plural in US) the rudiments of a subject
- an alphabetical guide to a subject
- (often plural in US) the alphabet
View thesaurus entry
- (formerly, of weapons or warfare) atomic, biological, and chemical
- Australian Broadcasting Corporation
- American Broadcasting Company
- Audit Bureau of Circulation
- (Australian) Australian-born Chinese: a person with Chinese parents, born and raised in Australia
- (US) American-born Chinese: a person with Chinese parents, born and raised in the US
- (British) acceptable behaviour contract: a voluntary written agreement between someone who has
been involved in anti-social behaviour and a local agency such as a housing association,
council, or police
Example Sentences Including 'ABC'
'You're so bloody morally correct since you joined the ABC - 'Let's all lay off,' said Malone.
YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
Research shows that, among ABC males in the eighteen to thirty club, he's the comedian of choice.
MAN AND WIFE (2002)
The girl I work with... "And she told the story of meeting Queenie in the ABC (' Take him if you'd like him.
The Golden Lion
to comment on this word.