- (anatomy) of, relating to, or resembling an alveolus
- denoting the part of the jawbone containing the roots of the teeth
- (of a consonant) articulated with the tongue in contact with the projecting part of
the jawbone immediately behind the upper teeth
- an alveolar consonant, such as the speech sounds written t, d, and s in English
Example Sentences Including 'alveolar'
- Accuracy depends on the sample of breath being deep lung air ( alveolar air).
British Medical Journal (2002)
When we breathe air in, oxygen travels to the alveolar sacs where it is dispersed into the bloodstream.
The Medicine Chest - your family's guide to prescription drugs
to comment on this word.