- Also called: : cyanotype a photographic print of plans, technical drawings, etc, consisting of white lines
on a blue background
- an original plan or prototype that influences subsequent design or practice
⇒ ■ the Montessori method was the blueprint for education in the 1940s
- (transitive) to make a blueprint of (a plan)
View thesaurus entry
, pilot scheme
Translations for 'blueprint'
- British English: blueprint A blueprint for something is a plan or set of proposals that shows how it is expected to work. NOUNThe president will offer delegates his blueprint for the country's future.
- Brazilian Portuguese: anteprojeto
- Chinese: 蓝图蓝藍图圖
- European Spanish: proyecto
- French: projet
- German: Vorlage
- Italian: progetto
- Japanese: 青写真
- Korean: 청사진
- Portuguese: anteprojeto
- Spanish: proyecto
Example Sentences Including 'blueprint'
And certainly, whatever force had drawn up the blueprint for Frelis Lorimer had done so with a very hard edge.
A Worm of Doubt
He wanted to know how it was an escape plan, rather than the blueprint for a riot, and nodded over Rogers ' explanations.
`Not a notebook but a text, a blueprint , a sort of literary genetic code.
THE DEVIL'S OWN WORK (2002)