) or conformance
(plural) -ities, -ances
- compliance in actions, behaviour, etc, with certain accepted standards or norms
- correspondence or likeness in form or appearance; congruity; agreement
- compliance with the practices of an established church
Translations for 'conformity'
- British English: conformity If something happens in conformity with something such as a law or someone's wishes, it happens as the law says it should, or as the person wants it to. NOUNThe prime minister is, in conformity with the constitution, chosen by the president.
- Brazilian Portuguese: conformidade
- Chinese: 依照
- European Spanish: conformidad
- French: conformité
- German: Übereinstimmung
- Italian: conformità
- Japanese: 準拠
- Korean: 순응
- Portuguese: conformidade
- Spanish: conformidad
Example Sentences Including 'conformity'
Comforted by the lack of conformity and the general bonhomie, she forgot to be demure and soon found she was enjoying herself enormously.
SANDS OF TIME (2003)
She was all for rules and regulations, tradition and conformity.
LIRAEL: DAUGHTER OF THE CLAYR (2001)
Perhaps even in youth he had opted for dullness and conformity.
Moondrop to Murder