Word usage trends for “crisscross”
View usage over:
Translations for 'crisscross'
- British English: criss-cross VERB
crisscross If a person or thing criss-crosses an area, they travel from one side to the other and back again many times, following different routes. If a number of things criss-cross an area, they cross it, and cross over each other.They criss-crossed the country by bus.
- Brazilian Portuguese: entrecruzar
- Chinese: 交叉往返
- European Spanish: recorrer de punta a punta
- French: parcourir en long et en large
- German: durchqueren
- Italian: attraversare in tutti i sensi
- Japanese: 行き来する
- Korean: 누비고 다니다
- Portuguese: atravessar
- Spanish: recorrer de punta a punta
Train like a Scrabble champion
Allan Simmons' 5 tips on learning words.
Join our newsletter
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.