- a piece of bedroom furniture with a mirror and a set of drawers for clothes, cosmetics,
Translations for 'dressing table'
- British English: dressing table A dressing table is a small table in a bedroom with drawers and a mirror.ˈdrɛsɪŋ ˈteɪbl NOUN
- Arabic: طَاوِلَة زِيْنَة
- Brazilian Portuguese: penteadeira
- Chinese: 梳妆台
- Croatian: toaletni stolić
- Czech: toaletní stolek
- Danish: toiletbord
- Dutch: toilettafel
- European Spanish: tocadorIngBrit
- Finnish: kampauspöytä
- French: coiffeusemeuble
- German: Frisierkommode
- Greek: τουαλέταέπιπλο
- Italian: toilettepiece of furniture
- Japanese: 鏡台
- Korean: 화장대
- Norwegian: toalettbord
- Polish: toaletka
- Portuguese: toucador
- Romanian: măsuță de toaletă măsuțe de toaletă
- Russian: туалетный столик
- Spanish: tocador
- Swedish: toalettbord
- Thai: โต๊ะแต่งตัว
- Turkish: tuvalet masası
- Ukrainian: туалетний столик
- Vietnamese: bàn trang điểm
Example Sentences Including 'dressing table'
A Huon Pine cheval mirrored dressing table , part of an award-winning suite, is expected to fetch between $4000 and $8000.
The Advertiser, Sunday Mail (2005)
A dressing table , two chests of drawers and the pelmets are crammed with possessions.
New Zealand Herald (2003)
All her things were gone, from the dressing table , the wardrobe, the bathroom.
Seize the Reckless Wind
I laugh but when I look in the triptych of mirrors on my dressing table I can even see what he means!
Three Kinds of Kissing - Scottish Short Stories
I struggled with it daily at the dressing table , in a bedroom full of hair.
Coping With Sudden Hair Loss
In the main bedroom, the dressing table surfaces are a bright red polished laminate, a forerunner of Formica.
Times, Sunday Times (2002)
My God, I could have a sonic screwdriver on my dressing table but I've been able to restrain myself.
Sun, News of the World (2005)
She caught sight of herself, only her head in the bottom corner of the mirror on the dressing table across the room.
THE COMPANY OF STRANGERS (2002)
to comment on this word.