Definition of due
Synonyms of 'due'More synonyms
expectedscheduled, awaited, expected to arrive
fittingdeserved, appropriate, just, right, becoming, fit, justified, suitable, merited, proper, obligatory, rightful, requisite, well-earned, bounden
right(s)privilege, entitlement, deserts, merits, prerogative, comeuppance, fair treatment, just punishment, deserved fate
Trends of 'due'
View usage over:
Translations for 'due'
- British English: due /djuː/ ADJECTIVE
If something is due at a particular time, it is expected to happen or to arrive at that time.The results are due at the end of the month.
- Arabic: مُتَوَقَّع
- Brazilian Portuguese: esperado esperada
- Chinese: 到期的
- Croatian: dospio dospjela, dospjelo
- Czech: má se ... ... vrátit ve čtvrtek apod.
- Danish: passende
- Dutch: verwacht
- European Spanish: previsto
- Finnish: olla määrä
- French: dû due
- German: fällig
- Greek: αναμενόμενος αναμενόμενη
- Italian: dovuto dovuta
- Japanese: ･･･する予定で
- Korean: 만기가 된
- Norwegian: skyldig
- Polish: należny należna
- Portuguese: ter chegada prevista
- Romanian: așteptat așteptat, așteptată, așteptați, așteptate
- Russian: должный должная
- Spanish: debido debida
- Swedish: förfallen förfallet
- Thai: ถึงกำหนด
- Turkish: olması beklenen
- Ukrainian: належний
- Vietnamese: đến hạn
Definition of due from the Collins English Dictionary
Train like a Scrabble champion
Allan Simmons' 5 tips on learning words.
Join our newsletter
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.