Definition of extremist
Word usage trends for “extremist”
View usage over:
Translations for 'extremist'
- British English: extremist /ɪkˈstriːmɪst/ NOUN
If you describe someone as an extremist, you disapprove of them because they try to bring about political change by using violent or extreme methods....foreign extremists.
- Arabic: مُتَطَرِّف
- Brazilian Portuguese: extremista
- Chinese: 极端主义者
- Croatian: ekstremist
- Czech: extremista extremistka
- Danish: ekstremist
- Dutch: extremist
- European Spanish: extremista
- Finnish: ekstremisti
- French: extrémiste
- German: Extremist Extremistin
- Greek: εξτρεμιστής εξτρεμίστρια
- Italian: estremista
- Japanese: 過激派
- Korean: 극단주의자
- Norwegian: ekstremist
- Polish: ekstremista ekstremistka
- Portuguese: extremista
- Romanian: extremist extremiști
- Russian: экстремист экстремистка
- Spanish: extremista
- Swedish: extremist
- Thai: คนที่มีหัวรุนแรง
- Turkish: aşırı uçta
- Ukrainian: екстреміст
- Vietnamese: người theo chủ nghĩa cực đoan
- British English: extremist ADJECTIVE
If you say that someone has extremist views, you disapprove of them because they believe in bringing about change by using violent or extreme methods....his determination to purge the party of extremist views.
Definition of extremist from the Collins English Dictionary
Train like a Scrabble champion
Allan Simmons' 5 tips on learning words.
Join our newsletter
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.