founder member (ˈfaʊndə ˈmembə)
- (British) any of the original members of an organization
Translations for 'founder member'
- British English: founder member A founder member of a club, group, or organization is one of the first members. NOUN
- Brazilian Portuguese: membro fundador
- Chinese: 创办成员创創办辦成员員
- European Spanish: miembro fundador
- French: membre fondateur
- German: Gründungsmitglied
- Italian: membro fondatore
- Japanese: 設立協力者
- Korean: 창립 위원
- Portuguese: membro fundador membra fundadora
- Spanish: miembro fundador
Example Sentences Including 'founder member'
A founder member of the BBC Symphony Orchestra, in 1991 she became the oldest person, at 92, to appear at the Last Night of the Proms.
SA Star (2004)
Brian Venables was a founder member of Neighbourhood Watch in his road.
On My Way to the Club
Dublin South West: Ray Kelly (37), a single parent with three children, is a founder member of Unmarried Fathers of Ireland.
Irish Times (2002)
He also vowed to use the country's position as a founder member of Opec to strengthen the industry.
Times, Sunday Times (2002)
He was also a founder member of the Royal College of General Practitioners.
British Medical Journal (2002)
She was a founder member of the council to whose work she made an outstanding contribution.
Times, Sunday Times (2001)
to comment on this word.