Definitions of headlines
Word usage trends for “headlines”
- Also called: head, heading
- a phrase at the top of a newspaper or magazine article indicating the subject of the
article, usually in larger and heavier type
- a line at the top of a page indicating the title, page number, etc
- (usually plural) the main points of a television or radio news broadcast, read out before the full
broadcast and summarized at the end
See hit the headlines
- (transitive) to furnish (a story or page) with a headline
- to have top billing (in)
Example Sentences Including 'headlines'
This chap called Schumacher who's making all the headlines.
In the morning, light came with the newspaper headlines blaring German victories in Poland, Russian retreats.
Dreams of Innocence
Scanning its headlines , he was surprised or otherwise to find that General `Gus" Stalinbrass had been assassinated.
Somewhere East of Life