Word usage trends for “knighthood”
View usage over:
Translations for 'knighthood'
- British English: knighthood NOUN
A knighthood is a title that is given to a man by a British king or queen for his achievements or his service to his country.When he finally received his knighthood, he was 85.
- Brazilian Portuguese: cavalaria
- Chinese: > 爵士称号及身份英国的
- European Spanish: título de sir
- French: titre de chevalier
- German: Ritterstand
- Italian: titolo di cavaliere
- Japanese: ナイト爵位
- Korean: 기사의 작위
- Portuguese: cavalaria
- Spanish: título de sir
Train like a Scrabble champion
Allan Simmons' 5 tips on learning words.
Join our newsletter
All the latest wordy news, linguistic insights, offers and competitions every month.