- a woman's surname before marriage
Translations for 'maiden name'
- British English: maiden name A married woman's maiden name is her parents' surname, which she used before she got married and started using her husband's surname.What was your mother's maiden name?ˈmeɪdn neɪm NOUN
- Arabic: لَقَبُ الْـمَرْأةِ قَبْلَ الزَّوَاجِ
- Brazilian Portuguese: nome de solteira
- Chinese: 娘家姓
- Croatian: djevojačko prezime
- Czech: jméno za svobodna
- Danish: pigenavn før ægteskabet
- Dutch: meisjesnaam
- European Spanish: apellido de soltera
- Finnish: tyttönimi
- French: nom de jeune fille
- German: Mädchenname
- Greek: πατρικό όνομα
- Italian: cognome da nubile
- Japanese: 女性の結婚前の旧姓
- Korean: 결혼 전의 성
- Norwegian: pikenavn
- Polish: nazwisko panieńskie
- Portuguese: nome de solteira
- Romanian: nume de fată nume de fată
- Russian: девичья фамилия
- Spanish: apellido de soltera
- Swedish: flicknamnnamn som ogift
- Thai: ชื่อสกุลของหญิงก่อนแต่งงาน
- Turkish: kızlık soyadı
- Ukrainian: дівоче прізвище
- Vietnamese: tên thời con gái
Example Sentences Including 'maiden name'
I wonder if Robin knows it - her mother's maiden name , I mean.
Adrienne and the Chalet School
Everything's top secret these days. They won't even give you Margaret Thatcher's maiden name without a password.
The Sound of Murder
He'd asked her if his father's name had really been Kelly, since that seemed to be her maiden name , too.