- the period of life between youth and old age, usually (in man) considered to occur
approximately between the ages of 40 and 60
Translations for 'middle age'
- British English: middle agemiddle-age Middle age is the period in your life when you are no longer young but have not yet become old. Middle age is usually considered to take place between the ages of 40 and 60. NOUNMen tend to put on weight in middle age.
- Brazilian Portuguese: meia-idade
- Chinese: 中年
- European Spanish: madurez
- French: cinquantaine
- German: mittleres Lebensalter
- Italian: mezza età
- Japanese: 中年
- Korean: 중년
- Portuguese: meia-idade
- Spanish: madurez
Example Sentences Including 'middle age'
He, too, had begun to thicken as middle age wrapped itself round him, but he still looked reasonably athletic.
YESTERDAY'S SHADOW (2002)
I suppose I was, too, but the journey from youth to early middle age is barely perceptible from within.
THE DEVIL'S OWN WORK (2002)
She did not really think about her body, as women with good bodies can avoid doing until middle age.
SEA MUSIC (2003)