- A member of the indigenous peoples of North America
- of, relating to, or characteristic of Native Americans or any of their languages
Word usage trends for “native-american”
Translations for 'Native American'
- British English: Native American Native Americans are people from any of the many groups who were already living in North America before Europeans arrived. NOUNThe eagle is the animal most sacred to the Native Americans.
- Brazilian Portuguese: povos que habitavam a América do Norte antes da colonização europeia
- Chinese: 美国原住民美国國原住民
- European Spanish: amerindio amerindia
- French: Indien d'Amérique Indienne d'Amérique
- German: Ureinwohner Amerikas Ureinwohnerin Amerikas
- Italian: nativo americano nativa americana
- Japanese: アメリカ先住民
- Korean: 북미 원주민
- Portuguese: povos que habitavam a América do Norte antes da colonização europeia
- Spanish: amerindio amerindia
Example Sentences Including 'Native American'
And in fact it is Native American men who are more likely to reveal that physiological trait.
MAN AND WIFE (2002)