English Dictionary

Pioneers in dictionary publishing since 1819

optical disc

Definitions

noun

  1. (computing) an inflexible disc on which information is stored in digital form by laser technology Also called: video disc

Example Sentences Including 'optical disc'

Each optical disc is 99 per cent polycarbonate, with all the data contained in the other 1 per cent.
Courier, Sunday Mail (2004)
For example, core store and RAM chips are volatile whereas magnetic disk, optical disc and bubble memory are not.
Samways, B. & Byrne-Jones, T. Computers Basic Facts
The consortium is pleased because no consumer optical disc that uses a caddy has ever been a commercial success.
New Scientist (2004)

Comments

Log in to comment on this word.