- to change the name of (someone or something)
Word usage trends for “rename”
Translations for 'rename'
- British English: rename If you rename something, you change its name to a new name. VERBThe street was recently renamed in his honour.
- Brazilian Portuguese: dar novo nome a
- Chinese: 重新命名
- European Spanish: poner nuevo nombre a
- French: rebaptiser
- German: umbenennen
- Italian: ribattezzare
- Japanese: 改名する
- Korean: 새 이름을 붙이다
- Portuguese: dar novo nome a
- Spanish: poner nuevo nombre a
Example Sentences Including 'rename'
Now they kill the crew, repaint and rename the ship, change the flag and papers and steal the cargo, and any other cargo they can find.
INSTRUMENTS OF DARKNESS (2002)