Translations for 'Scandinavian'
- British English: Scandinavian Scandinavian means belonging or relating to a group of northern European countries that includes Denmark, Norway, and Sweden, or to the people, languages, or culture of those countries.The Baltic republics have called on the Scandinavian countries for help.ˌskændɪˈneɪvɪən ADJECTIVE
- Arabic: اسكندينافيّ
- Brazilian Portuguese: escandinavo escandinava
- Chinese: 斯堪的纳维亚的
- Croatian: skandinavski skandinavska
- Czech: skandinávský
- Danish: skandinavisk
- Dutch: Scandinavisch
- European Spanish: escandinavo escandinava
- Finnish: skandinaavinen
- French: scandinave
- German: skandinavisch
- Greek: σκανδιναβικός σκανδιναβική
- Italian: scandinavo scandinava
- Japanese: スカンジナビアの
- Korean: 스칸디나비아의
- Norwegian: skandinavisk
- Polish: skandynawski skandynawska
- Portuguese: escandinavo escandinava
- Romanian: scandinav scandinav, scandinavă, scandinavi, scandinave
- Russian: скандинавский скандинавская
- Spanish: escandinavo escandinava
- Swedish: skandinavisk skandinaviskt
- Thai: เกี่ยวกับดินแดนในยุโรปเหนือ
- Turkish: İskandinav
- Ukrainian: скандинавський
- Vietnamese: thuộc Scandinavia
Example Sentences Including 'Scandinavian'
Gus Anders, that had been his name, and despite the Scandinavian name, he had been black.
Death of an Unknown Man
He said it was the first time he can recall such a complaint ever being filed in the Scandinavian country.
IT WAS not a normal day at the office for players in the Volvo Scandinavian Masters here yesterday.
In addition, Duo offers low fares to a range of Continental and Scandinavian destinations.
Belfast Telegraph (2004)
My taste's more towards the Scandinavian type of furnishing.
PROSPECT HILL (2003)
Not once, take note Radio 3, have I been subjected to a dissonant cacophony as composed by a demented Scandinavian.
Then they have something borrowed from classical, Scandinavian , or eastern culture further to identify them.
THE EARTH: An Intimate History (2004)
There's also talk of a Scandinavian tour or a barnstorming tour of smaller Canadian cities.
`All her warnings about those libertine Scandinavian women proved to be true.
to comment on this word.