- in demand; wanted
Translations for 'sought-after'
- British English: sought-after Something that is sought-after is in great demand, usually because it is rare or of very good quality. ADJECTIVEAn Olympic gold medal is the most sought-after prize in world sport.
- Brazilian Portuguese: desejado
- Chinese: 受青睐的受青睐睞的
- European Spanish: codiciado codiciada
- French: convoité convoitée
- German: begehrt
- Italian: ambito ambita
- Japanese: 需要の多い
- Korean: 많은 사람들이 갖고 싶어 하는
- Portuguese: desejado desejada
- Spanish: codiciado codiciada
Example Sentences Including 'sought-after'
`He's one of the most respected and sought-after security advisers in Amsterdam.
Alastair McLean's 'Night Watch'
Kiessling wasn't the only successful businessman to have bought these most sought-after of parrots and to acknowledge the fact in public.
SPIX'S MACAW: The Race to Save the World's Rarest Bird (2002)
His unsuitability showed in his postings -- small towns in the south, not the sought-after cities of the Punjab or United Provinces.
A Death in the Family