- a production car designed for speed, high acceleration, and manoeuvrability, having
a low body and usually adequate seating for only two persons
Translations for 'sports car'
- British English: sports car A sports car is a low, fast car, usually with room for only two people. NOUN
- Brazilian Portuguese: carro esporte
- Chinese: 跑车跑车車
- European Spanish: coche deportivo
- French: voiture de sport
- German: Sportwagen
- Italian: auto sportiva
- Japanese: スポーツカー
- Korean: 스포츠카
- Portuguese: carro desportivo
- Spanish: coche deportivo
Example Sentences Including 'sports car'
But he had told her that Larner was out in his sports car - and was going to regret it.
Passion in the Peak
Eleven members were called on stage and given the keys to a 15,600 Pontiac G6 sports car.
In a hurry, not noticing the lights had changed against her, just as some berk in a sports car jumped the light.
Death in Fashion
It was essentially a long-legged proper sports car , great on smooth roads.
My Life With Fast Cars
The man behind the wheel of the approaching Jaguar sports car simply didn't see her.
The scene is brief, but clearly displays the Mazda badge, and the sports car 's unusual rear doors.
Edmonton Sun (2003)
Where the Murano emulates a sports car , the Pacifica is closer to a minivan or wagon.
Toronto Sun (2003)
to comment on this word.