- a production car designed for speed, high acceleration, and manoeuvrability, having
a low body and usually adequate seating for only two persons
Translations for 'sports car'
- British English: sports car A sports car is a low, fast car, usually with room for only two people. NOUN
- Brazilian Portuguese: carro esporte
- Chinese: 跑车跑车車
- European Spanish: coche deportivo
- French: voiture de sport
- German: Sportwagen
- Italian: auto sportiva
- Japanese: スポーツカー
- Korean: 스포츠카
- Portuguese: carro desportivo
- Spanish: coche deportivo
Example Sentences Including 'sports car'
The man behind the wheel of the approaching Jaguar sports car simply didn't see her.
In a hurry, not noticing the lights had changed against her, just as some berk in a sports car jumped the light.
Death in Fashion
But he had told her that Larner was out in his sports car - and was going to regret it.
Passion in the Peak