-fries -frying -fried
- to cook (small pieces of meat, vegetables, etc) rapidly by stirring them in a wok
or frying pan over a high heat: used esp for Chinese food
- a dish cooked in this way
Word usage trends for “stir-fry”
Translations for 'stir-fry'
- British English: stir-fry If you stir-fry vegetables, meat, or fish, you cook small pieces of them quickly by stirring them in a small quantity of very hot oil. VERBStir-fry the vegetables until crisp.
- Brazilian Portuguese: fritar rapidamente no óleo quente
- Chinese: 翻炒
- European Spanish: sofreír
- French: faire sauter
- German: pfannenrühren
- Italian: saltare in padella
- Japanese: 炒める
- Korean: 채소 및 고기등을 센불에 재빨리 볶아 먹는 음식
- Portuguese: fritar rapidamente no óleo quente
- Spanish: sofreír
Example Sentences Including 'stir-fry'
They ate their dinner of stir-fry chicken in the conservatory and afterwards, Stella got Amelia ready for bed.
JUST BETWEEN US (2002)
`Right, stir-fry the garlic for about forty seconds, then add the lemon grass and ginger.
RESCUING ROSE (2002)