- neatly, expensively, or fashionably attired
View thesaurus entry
, well turned out
, dressed to kill
, dressed up to the nines
, soigné or soignée
Quotations including 'well-dressed'
"The sense of being well-dressed gives a feeling of inward tranquillity which religion
is powerless to bestow"
Translations for 'well-dressed'
- British English: well-dressedwell dressed Someone who is well-dressed is wearing smart or elegant clothes. ADJECTIVEShe's always well-dressed.
- Brazilian Portuguese: bem vestido
- Chinese: 衣着入时的衣着著入时時的
- European Spanish: bien vestido bien vestida
- French: bien habilléN bien habillée
- German: gut gekleidet
- Italian: ben vestito ben vestita
- Japanese: 身なりのよい
- Korean: 잘 차려 입은
- Portuguese: bem vestido bem vestida
- Spanish: bien vestido bien vestida
Example Sentences Including 'well-dressed'
Carr himself is a suave, well-dressed , quick-witted demon specialising in rude put-downs.
Times, Sunday Times (2004)
It had fine white linen and well-dressed waiters, and one ate with heavy silver cutlery.
SA Star (2005)
It is a man (Manoj Bajpai), well-dressed but obviously edgy and perhaps even crazy.
India Today (1999)
It is very upmarket and full of sexy, well-dressed blokes.
Sun, News of the World (2002)
Murphy is nodding towards a well-dressed man who has swung through the plate-glass door from the street; Murphy:
THE CHEEK PERFORATION DANCE (2002)
She was always perfectly groomed and as well-dressed as her meagre salary would allow.
Madam Speaker - The Life of Betty Boothroyd
The expensive cut of my suit, shiny now with spilt food and dirt, only adds to the oddness of the effect: a well-dressed tramp.
LOSING IT (2002)
The look is to be a smart and well-dressed guy -- more a business look,' he explains.
Courier, Sunday Mail (2004)
They were led by a well-dressed man who told him that Blake had been killed.
Tank of Serpents
to comment on this word.