world view or world-view (wɜːld vjuː)
- the way that someone perceives the world
⇒ their Christian world view,
⇒ Many artists express their world view in their work.
Translations for 'world view'
- British English: world viewworld-view A person's world view is the way they see and understand the world. NOUN...the clash between these two world views.
- Brazilian Portuguese: visão de mundo
- Chinese: 世界观世界观觀
- European Spanish: visión del mundo
- French: vision du mondeN
- German: Weltbild
- Italian: visione del mondo
- Japanese: 世界観
- Korean: 세계관
- Portuguese: visão de mundo
- Spanish: visión del mundo
Example Sentences Including 'world view'
Nevertheless, she seeks to impose her own world view on others and refuses to accept the possibility that she is wrong.
THE LAST TEMPTATION (2002)
Now, I see how valuable their world view is and how much broader a view they've given me than most people here seem to have.
A Roomful of Birds - Scottish short stories 1990