Synonyms of 'action'
- deed, accomplishment, achievement, act, exploit, feat, performance
- lawsuit, case, litigation, proceeding, prosecution, suit
- energy, activity, force, liveliness, spirit, vigor, vim, vitality
- movement, activity, functioning, motion, operation, process, working
- battle, clash, combat, conflict, contest, encounter, engagement, fight, skirmish, sortie
Video: pronunciation of 'action'
Thesaurus for action from the Collins American English Thesaurus
Action is doing something for a particular purpose.