Synonyms of 'character'
- nature, attributes, caliber, complexion, disposition, personality, quality, temperament, type
- reputation, honor, integrity, rectitude, strength, uprightness
- role, part, persona, portrayal
- eccentric, card (informal), oddball (informal), original
- symbol, device, figure, hieroglyph, letter, mark, rune, sign
Video: pronunciation of 'character'
Thesaurus for character from the Collins American English Thesaurus
The character of a person or place consists of all the qualities they have that make them distinct from other people or places.