Synonyms of 'cover'
- clothe, dress, envelop, put on, wrap
- overlay, coat, daub, encase, envelop
- submerge, engulf, flood, overrun, wash over
- conceal, cloak, disguise, enshroud, hide, mask, obscure, shroud, veil
- travel over, cross, pass through, pass over, traverse
- protect, defend, guard, shield
- report, describe, investigate, narrate, relate, tell of, write up
Thesaurus for cover from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If you cover something, you place something else over it in order to protect it, hide it, or close it.