Synonyms of 'crack'
- break, burst, cleave, fracture, snap, splinter, split
- snap, burst, crash, detonate, explode, pop, ring
- give in, break down, collapse, give way, go to pieces, lose control, succumb, yield
- (informal) hit, clip (informal), clout (informal), cuff, slap, smack, whack
- solve, decipher, fathom, get the answer to, work out
Thesaurus for crack from the Collins American English Thesaurus
If something hard cracks , or if you crack it, it becomes slightly damaged, with lines appearing on its surface.